Turbine Technology Services
Turbine Technology Services (TTS) is looking to add an experienced Electrical Technician who will provide functional support and design assistance for the Field Engineering team.
The Technician’s responsibilities include:
- Using correct safety procedures within the facility in the operations of oil/gas or power plant equipment
- Performing liaison duties between client, operations and management
- Delivering high quality service and customer satisfaction, as well as, working well with the team and providing support as per the project’s requirements.
- The ability to make and coordinate changes as needed
This position requires initiative, attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, ability to manage internal and external relationships, and superb communication skills. This is an ideal position for a smart, motivated individual who is passionate about troubleshooting and working in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Skills and Experience
- Understanding of system design drawings, electrical connection diagrams, one-lines, P&ID’s and mechanical layout drawings
- installation and commissioning of industrial panels and systems
- Understanding of electrical panel layout and connection drawings
- Provide site installation support and issue resolution, including interface with site and OEM engineering teams
- Provide testing and validation of system operation
- Provide customer support and resolution of technical issues including troubleshooting, field commissioning and start-up
- Working understanding of industrial codes, including: NEC, CE, CSA, ASME, AWS, ANSI, API, ISA, and OSHA
Desired but not required:
- Experience providing electrical process design including specification and selection of: Electrical and control components, low voltage power distribution (480 VAC/120 VAC) and process control instrumentation
- Skills with installation, testing, and commissioning of industrial electrical and control systems
- Provide hands-on support to resolve field problems as they occur
- Provide written reports documenting the findings and recommended corrective actions of all tests and inspections
- Experience with motor controls, MCC’s, and VFD’s: component selection, installation and commissioning
- Experience with PLC logic: Ability to open programs and force points, preform I/O checks, and conduct basic troubleshooting. A-B platform preferred
- Familiarity and ability to read/understand piping and instrument diagrams, process flow diagrams, electrical schematics, and control logic diagrams
- Possess ability to calibrate and troubleshoot industrial instrumentation including pressure, temperature, flow, and level instruments
- Familiarity and ability to use test equipment including: DMMs, process calibrators, HART Communicators, insulation testers, and temperature calibrators.
Get to know TTS...
Power Generation and Compression Engineering Services Company with 40+ Employees
As an OEM alternative, we provide custom services that are backed by our longevity, experience and global agility. Our team of engineers and service technicians specialize in innovative solutions that help our clients maintain, upgrade and enhance their power generation and compression assets. Headquartered in Orlando, FL, TTS is capable of an extraordinary range of projects including Controls and Control Panels, Gas Turbine Parts Supply, Conversions, Modifications and Upgrades, Engineering and On-Site Services, Power Plant Services, and DynaFlex Performance Services. TTS is an integral part of the TTS Energy Services group.